Sooooooo it has been QUITE a while since I’ve blogged. Life has been BEYOND crazy, and while that probably just sounds like a lame excuse to some, that’s just the way life is for me right now, and all I can do is accept the crazy busyness, make appropriate adjustments and mooooove on!
I truly want to get back to blogging more regularly, so I’ve committed myself to blog for the next 43 days about my weigh loss/fitness journey. I am currently in a group competition (our own little version of the Biggest Loser) and I am really needing to motivate myself to STAY on point with my work outs and healthy eating so I have reached out to my blog as a means of holding myself accountable and meeting my GOAL!
I would LOVE to win the competition, but I am sure all 9 other women want to win as much as I do, so instead of pressuring myself to WIN I want to just commit myself to STICK to my personal goal(s) and work as hard as I can over the next 6 weeks do the very best that I can do!
So…. I recently wrote a letter that outlines my commitment for the last 6 weeks of the competition and I thought I would share it below. This is what I am promising to follow over the next few weeks and instead of relying on my own strength (which I think I’ve typically done with my fitness/weight loss goals), this time I’m bringing God on the journey with me. Some people they may think this is going ‘too deep’ but that’s truly where I’m at with my fitness goals. I’m TIRED of failing at meeting my goals, I’m TIRED of feeling controlled by my appetite and emotions, I’m TIRED of feeling disappointed in myself for taking 3 steps forward and then 30 steps back…. :s Yes… I’ve decided that I’m going to address the spiritual element to my fitness/weight loss battle and get SERIOUS WITH IT!!!
Anyhow… It’s getting late, and I’ve got to get to bed, so without further delay here is what I’m committing to for the next 6 weeks. If you’re reading this please say a little prayer for me as I press forward on my journey!!! (Thanks in advance 😉
* To begin everyday having a conversation with God, where I will confess that I am a sinner, I am weak, I don’t know the way, and without His strength I can’t make the ‘right’ steps for today So…. HELP LORD!!!
* To pray before AND after each meal, and each snack
* To refrain from all refined sugars (YIKES), To limit myself to only ONE serving of a ‘heavier’ carb a day (bread, rice, pasta), To cut off my eating at 7pm daily, To drink at least 8 glasses of water a day
* To exercise daily
* To end every night thanking God for getting me through one more day (victoriously) Thanking God for giving me the strength to BREAK the cycle of sugar addiction/dependence and emotional eating
* To blog daily about my weight loss/ nasty eating cycle breaking journey!!! 🙂